Monday, January 19, 2009

Is it worth the hype? Yeah,it sure is!!!


What am I talking about? Slumdog Millionaire,the movie which has been hitting the headlines right from LA to Chennai,with A.R Rahman receiving a hero's welcome for his awards.The movie indeed has lived upto its hype.I decided to the choose this movie over my regular afternoon siesta and I sure wasn't dissapointed. Excellent storyline,with some extraordinary perfomances and A.R Rahman's music adding the perfect touch for a very sucessful movie which indeed is being hailed as one of the best movies of 2008-09.I would completely agree to it,despite all the controversy surrounding it of "protraying India in a bad light" I feel this movie is indeed a celebration of life and is truly inspirational.As far as the critcism is concerned it isn't difficult to see it is coming from people in Bollywood who haven't been successful at an international level.A touch of jealousy,eh monsieurs? I think the Oscar committee will have its task cut out this time regarding the best picture,with Dark Knight being extremely sucessful and a great movie by itself.So lets keep our fingers crossed...oh what the hell,just enjoy great movies!!

No comments: